There’s no denying that baking’s having its time in the spotlight…
But the real star of the show (aka Instagram) right now? Banana bread. Bored Brits have been trying their hand at whatever they can during this lockdown, from Subway’s chocolate cookies to Wagamama’s katsu curry. And now, NQ institution Federal has shared the ultimate banana bread recipe for fans missing their delicious fresh bakes.
Here’s what you need to get started:
270g dark brown sugar
280g self raising flour
4x ripe bananas
1x teaspoon of cinnamon
1x teaspoon of bicarb of soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees
- Grab a baking tin and grease with butter, before lining the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Grab a large mixing bowl, and crack two eggs into it. Whisk the two eggs, before whisking in the brown sugar.
- Grab a plate and peel the bananas. Once peeled, pop them on the plate and mash them up.
- Add the bananas, flour, cinnamon and bicarb to the bowl and mix well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and once liquid, add to the mixture and stir in evenly.
- Once the mix is complete, you can add in chocolate chips if you want to (mixing through evenly), before popping the mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- When cooked, allow it to cool for a few minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack.