There’ll be a series of star-studded shows this summer.
Manchester’s Sounds of the City gig series has confirmed its return for 2021, with a huge line-up in-store for us Mancs. Taking place both this September and next summer, Mancs will be able to enjoy headline performances by Lewis Capaldi, Foals, The Streets and more, with all gigs taking place at Castlefield Bowl.
The gigs were originally set to take place this July, however, were rescheduled back in March – minimising the chance of any further cancellations.
The annual event began back in 2014, with the likes of Noel Gallagher, James Bay, Blossoms, Kylie and Catfish and the Bottlemen all previously taking to the stage over the years. A ‘staple’ part of the Manchester music scene, the event attracts huge names every single year, however, was cancelled as a result of Coronavirus during 2020.
Check out the full lineup below:
- September 22, 2021 – Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight plus special guests
- September 23, 2021 – Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott plus special guests
- September 24, 2021 – The Streets plus special guests
- September 25, 2021 – Hacienda Classical plus special guests
- June 29, 2022 – Foals plus special guests
- July 6, 2022 – Lewis Capaldi plus special guests
Tickets are on sale now, and you can find out more here.
[Featured image: Castlefield Bowl]