Following the record-breaking success of last year’s festival, and subsequent ‘Outstanding Contribution Award’ at the AA Hospitality Awards, Obsession at one of Lancashire’s top fine-dining restaurants, Northcote, is set to be full of the flair and exceptional gastronomy it is famous for once again. Known as one of the most prestigious and internationally recognised gourmet festivals in Europe, Obsession will take place at Northcote in the Ribble Valley, from January 20 to February 5, 2023.
Twenty world class chefs with 16 Michelin stars between them will make the trip to luxury Lancashire hotel and Michelin star restaurant Northcote, which is part of The Stafford Collection, and headed up by executive chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen, to cook up a culinary storm. Taking place over 17 nights, the festival will see a number of exciting and emerging chefs, as well as some of the world’s most established, from all corners of the UK, France and Portugal, cook their unique Obsession menus for those quick enough to get their hands on the hottest tickets in town.
Here is the chef line-up for Obsession 2023 at Northcote.
- Friday 20th January: Lisa Goodwin Allen, Northcote, Ribble Valley (1 star) & Niall Keating, Luna, Barlaston
- Saturday 21st January: Ricardo Costa, The Yeatman Gastronomic Restuarant, Portugal (2 stars)
- Sunday 22nd January: Alex Dilling, Alex Dilling at Hotel Café Royal, London
- Monday 23rd January: Nathan Davies, SY23, Aberystwyth, Wales (1 star)
- Tuesday 24th January: Chetan Sharma, Bibi, London
- Wednesday 25th January: Brad Carter, Carters of Mosley, Birmingham (1 star)
- Thursday 26th January: Tommy Banks, The Black Swan, Oldstead, York (1 star)
- Friday 27th January: Anna Haugh, Myrtle, London & Sally Abe, The Pem, London
- Saturday 28th January: Tom Sellars, Restaurant Story, London (2 stars)
- Monday 30th January: Rafael Cagelli, Da Terra, London (2 stars)
- Tuesday 31st January: Luke French, JÖRO, Sheffield
- Wednesday 1st February: Loic Villemin, Toya Restaurant, France (1 star)
- Thursday 2nd February: John Williams & Spencer Metzger, The Ritz, London (1 star)
- Friday 3rd February: Alex Nietosvuori, Hjem, Hexham (1 star)
- Saturday 4th February: Mark Donald, The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant, Scotland (1 star)
The grand finale
- Sunday 5th February, featuring:
Obsession launched 2001 as a celebration of great food, wine and a meeting of friends, old and new. From that first event, it has evolved but the ethos is still very much the same; to offer guests a completely memorable culinary experience, created by some of the world’s most innovative chefs.
Previous years of Obsession have seen noteworthy chefs such as Tom Kerridge, James Martin, Angela Hartnett, Jason Atherton, Tom Kitchin and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall cook up exciting dishes at Northcote, which is less than an hour’s drive from Manchester.
Lisa Goodwin-Allen, executive chef at Northcote, who recently won the Ayala Squaremeal Chef of the Year Award, said: “Well what can I say? The vibe, teamwork and overall energy from everyone involved last year was outstanding. It was a real celebration, especially coming straight off the back of a really tough time for the hospitality industry.
“The line-up of chefs for 2023 is really exciting, the style of cooking they are bringing to Obsession is diverse, progressive and highly technical. We’ve got some great emerging and well talked about chefs like Luke French and Chetan Sharma joining us, and household names like John Williams from The Ritz and Tom Sellers from Restaurant Story. I’m really looking forward to be opening, as well as wrapping up the festival too. Guests will be delighted to see the return of the three non blondes on the final night too!”
The hotel’s atmospheric bar is also a focal point of every evening, especially post dinner with specially created Obsession cocktails that take inspirations from chefs’ menus. Obsession23 will see the launch of the newly curated Obsession Gin which is set to be a much sought after post dinner tipple.
People can register for tables for Obsession23 on November 10, and are priced at £185 per person, including a Louis Roederer Champagne and canapé reception, five course menu, coffee and petit fours. A specially paired wine flight can be added, starting from around £65 per person. Register for Obsession23 at Northcote here.
Find Northcote at Northcote Road, Langho, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB6 8BE.