More than 1,000 bus drivers in Greater Manchester are set to go on strike later this week, with the strikes affecting some routes in the region. Unite has said strikes by Manchester members employed by Stagecoach would take place over four days during the month of August with bus services operating from Ashton, Hyde Road, Sharston and Stockport depots affected.
When will the Manchester Stagecoach bus driver strikes take place?
Manchester bus drivers employed by Stagecoach will take strike action on August 11, 12, 13 and 14.
Which bus services will be affected?
Services operating from Ashton, Hyde Road, Sharston and Stockport depots will be affected by the strikes. During these dates, Stagecoach will be operating the following limited services only between 07:00 hours and 19:00 hours.
- Service 43 – every 15 minutes
- Service 192 – every 15 minutes (Hazel Grove to Manchester) and every 15 minutes (Stepping Hill Hospital to Manchester)
- Service 201 – every 15 minutes
- Service 203 – every 15 minutes
- Service 219 – every 15 minutes
Which bus services will not be affected?
Services operating out of Stagecoach Manchester’s Middleton and Wigan depots are unaffected by this action and the following services will operate as normal:
- 56, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 149, 171, 172, 350, 426
- The following services will also run on Sunday 129, 343, 415
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10A, 34, 34A
Are there any other Manchester bus companies striking?
First Manchester also announced industrial action last month with strikes continuing into August. Bus routes operated from First Manchester’s Oldham depot will not operate on August 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 21, 23 and 25.
On strike days, First Manchester we will be operating the following limited services between 07:00 and 19:00 hours approximately. A flat fare of £2 adult/£1 child will be available on these services.
- Route 409 every 15 minutes
- Route 82 every hour
- Route 425 every 30 minutes/Route 426 every hour
The industrial action does not affect the Vantage V1 and V2 services that First Manchester operates from Bolton along the guided busway through Leigh and Atherton to Manchester. The 184 service between Oldham-Huddersfield will also run as normal as this is operated by First West Yorkshire from its Huddersfield depot.