As the nights fall darker and Halloween draws nearer, we’re well and truly getting into the spirit of all things spooky. But taking the celebration of the dead to a whole new level is PATRÓN, who’s set to take over Manchester this Halloween with an epic Día de Muertos jamboree that’s set to be the party of all parties.
Taking inspiration from their homeland – PATRÓN will be inviting Mancs to raise a glass in honour of the living and the dead, with delicious Día de Muertos inspired cocktails and an array of colourful parties that’ll pay tribute to the famous Mexican holiday throughout Halloween and November.
Popping up at some of Manchester’s biggest and best venues – including The Oast House and The Ivy Spinningfields – the beautiful celebration will come to life with food, drink and outlandish party decor, culminating in an epic street parade featuring the iconic characters of Mexico City’s renowned parade outside The Oast House on Friday 29th October, 8-10pm. In addition to the unmissable parade, The Oast House’s iconic teepee will be completely decked out in Día de Muertos decoration, with themed make-up and live music to amplify the celebration. The Oast House will lead the celebrations, before Patron pops up at numerous other venues in the city.
Traditionally celebrated on the 1st and 2nd November, Día de Muertos stems from the ancient belief that during those two days, deceased loved ones have the divine permission to visit friends and families on Earth and spend time together honouring life. The occasion is marked with offerings (or Ofrendas in Spanish), which typically include food, drink and decorative symbolism (including the iconic ‘sugar skulls’ which are stunningly decorated with brightly coloured flowers).
Here’s every venue taking part:
- The Oast House; 26th October – 2nd November. A favourite destination in Manchester, the Oast House will bring the celebration to life with inspired PATRÓN cocktails & a Día De Muertos parade commencing Friday 29th October at 8pm.
- The Ivy Spinningfields; 11th October – 7th November. Bringing Día De Muertos colourfully to life, The Ivy has designed a special cocktail list featuring five PATRÓN cocktails.
- Ducie Street Warehouse; 30th October – 3rd November. Themed Día de Muertos decor and colours will surround a special cocktail list and an exclusive night in the company of La Danse Macabre DJ on 30th October.
- Crazy Pedro’s (both venues); 29th October – 2nd November. Immersive décor and a bespoke cocktail menu featuring PATRÓN Silver, PATRÓN Reposado and PATRÓN Añejo to celebrate Día de Muertos. A special Jalisco Disco DJ night on 30th October.
- The Firehouse; 26th October – 2nd November. The newest food and drink experience from the Ramona team will be host to immersive decor and themed PATRÓN cocktails.
No booking is required to celebrate, however, if you’d like to secure your table, book directly with the venues now.