Manchester-loved Cloudwater Brew Co and Ramsbottom restaurant Levanter are teaming up for an epic collab this summer, which will see a jam-packed schedule of summer-inspired weekenders at Manchester’s newest neighbourhood, Kampus.
Following in the footsteps of Le Social Wine and Common, who have each held residencies at the waterside Kampus bungalow, Cloudwater and Levanter will be taking inspiration from some of the most summery hotspots in the world – including Spain, Portugal and dreamy California.
Bringing both refreshing beers from around the world in addition to some of the finest Spanish cuisine in the city, guests will be able to enjoy a different theme each week, starting with ‘Manchester’ on April 15th for the long Easter bank holiday. The Manchester-themed Easter weekender will be followed by Spain, California, Mexico, Ireland, NYC, Canada, Portugal and New England, with a lively Queen’s Jubilee celebration in store, too.
Over the course of ten weeks, guest DJs will take to the decks every single weekend, while local artists will be showcasing their work within the bungalow, too. Cloudwater Brew Co will be supplying the fresh beer, while the team at Levanter will be serving up tapas, giant paella and charcuterie boards, in addition to Spanish brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 11am. The brunch will boast an ever-rotating menu of Spanish dishes, alongside Bloody Mary cocktails on tap, using a different base spirit and garnish each week to fit the theme.
Paul Jones, co-founder of Cloudwater, said: “The vibe at Kampus last summer was knock-out, with people dancing in the gardens and sipping craft beer overlooking Canal Street. We’re properly excited about this line-up.
“We not only wanted to celebrate the best of Manchester’s scene, with local DJs and artists, but cherry-pick the best produce from around the world and showcase it during a run of epic neighbourhood parties. The global weekenders mean we can not only rotate our own beers, but serve up amazing imported drinks from our friends in Europe and the US to the Manchester crowd.”
The residency comes as it’s confirmed that Cloudwater will open a flagship venue at the Kampus rental neighbourhood later this year.
Here’s what to expect from their upcoming weekenders:
- Manchester Long Bank Holiday (14-17 April), featuring Manchester DJs
- Spain (21-24 April), featuring Spanish house music and specially imported beers
- California Bank Holiday (28 April – 1 May), featuring a beach soundtrack and guest beers
- Mexico (5-8 May), featuring Cinco de Mayo celebrations and Latin party vibes
- Ireland (12-15 May), featuring folk music and imported beer
- New York (19-22 May), featuring jazz and NYC brewed beers
- Canada (26-29 May), featuring Toronto beers
- The Queer Ju-Beer-lee Festival Bank Holiday (2-5 June), featuring British beers and street party vibes
- Portugal (9-12 June), featuring Fado and Flamenco music and port-infused Bloody Marys
- New England USA (16 –19 June), featuring global brews
- Manchester closer (23-26 June), featuring Manc-made beers and plenty of party vibes